How many shades of green are there?
We are an agency – but we’re also part of society as a whole. Our focus is not only on business, but also on responsibility for the world we live in. Greenspirit is our way of contributing, taking big and small steps to act more sustainably and challenge the helplessness of doing nothing.
We have held natureOffice certification as a carbon-neutral office since September 2009. We have sustainably reduced our carbon emissions, and offset unavoidable emissions by purchasing carbon certificates in climate protection projects. This certification as a carbon-neutral company is an integral part of our profile at hw.design. Our objective is to expand this expertise to cover the manufacture of carbon-neutral print products and temporary architectures.
Avoidance – Saving energy
- Change to green energy (M-Natur from the City of Munich utilities company Stadtwerke München)
- Change to energy-efficient equipment and printers (EnergyStar label)
- Change to virtual server environment
- Change to “GreenIT” (Web hosting with green energy from SWE-Strom)
- Change to low-energy lightbulbs
- Change to switchable power strips
Reduction — Carbon emissions
- Change to “Classic White” laser paper from Steinbeis (Blue Angel certificate)
- Change to “Color Copy” colour laser paper from Mondi (FSC certificate)
- Change to cycle couriers for city deliveries (Inline)
- Change to carbon-neutral shipping (GoGreen, Deutsche Post DHL)
- Change to local products and suppliers for agency hospitality
Offsetting — Climate protection projects
Thinking further — greenspirits by hw.design
- Expertise in development of premium carbon-neutral solutions
- Consulting services on carbon-neutral materials/production processes
- Networks for production of carbon-neutral print material
- Networks for creation of carbon-neutral architecture
- Philosophy of design quality as part of sustainability and climate protection